Tuesday, December 03, 2013

julla's eyes

six or so months ago, the little girl was diagnosed with astigmatism.  we were enrolling in 2nd grade and part of the procedure was the standard medical exam.  during the eye test, she couldn't see most of line 8.  which was pretty  bad for a 7-year old like her.  she was also confirmed to be near-sighted.  something which i know she got from me, my mom and the rest of my mom's genes.



last weekend, we finally had her fitted with eyeglasses.  i didn't realize kids' eyeglasses were expensive.  but she was too cute not to let her get those lavander framed specs.




so now she doesn't have to sit on the classroom platform in order to copy her notes.  she can now see clearly the image of mama mary when going to church, much less, read the songs on the screen.  she can watch television from the bed instead of standing right in front of it.  and most of all, she can experience her world more through her new set of eyes. :)


The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; 
my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.

No comments:

Post a Comment