Thursday, December 03, 2009

Tipsy happy me

It was the annual company Christmas party.  The Grand Ice Ball.  Everyone was supposed to be in their immaculate white glamorous best.  I put on that low V-neck tunic ( as suggested by Andre) cinched around my ribcage and there I was, in the middle of it all.



The Ice King and Queen were, expectedly, Chad and Rica who deserved the applause and praises really.  It was a good thing coz everybody put in a lot of work on their costumes, swimwear and evening wear.  I personally harassed my supplier to make it possible that those ice washed denim tube dress, suit and jeans would be perfect.  And guess what, Chad got the Best in Costume award.


The party was too fun that I couldn't, wouldn't leave at Cinderella's hour despite my brother's call that he was already outside the venue to fetch me. Had a few drinks, me.  Yeah.  Three actually.  Manila Vice, Vodka Sprite and Cosmopolitan.  Was tipsy happy.  Danced the night away with the peeps.  Hugged and kissed everybody.  I haven't done this since God knows when. Good thing my off-white wedge shoes were cooperative enough.  Only when hubby texted Where are you? did I finally decide to call it a night.  That was around 1 to 1:30am.  Had a hell of a good time, yeah.  Hadn't for a long, long time now. 

In the car, on the way home, switched to Mommy mode.  Yes, it's time to assume back the role of the only person Migo and Julla depends on.  The person whose left and right arm they each nestle at before going to sleep at night. 

This mom wouldn't have it any other way.