Tuesday, September 30, 2014

daddy

My dad, now 80, in the entire time that I have lived my own number of years, has never been confined in a hospital due to illness.


Until now.

My mom always said that my dad was less stressed between the two of them. She's 13 years younger than him. But she's the one who gets these headaches every so often and catches the flu more than dad does.

When I was a kid, I looked up to him (well, not physically coz I got my height from him) and was even afraid of him. I'd like to believe that I'm "mabait" because when I was little, I was afraid of being hit by his belt if I misbehaved. Which happened a lot to my older brother. Well, I am naturally mabait, aside from that. Tee-hee!! 😋

My dad is also naturally mabait. He can be a terror to some people but I know that is just his front. He is a caring man who takes care of his brothers and sisters and nephews and nieces long after it was his responsibility. He takes care of me and my mom and my brothers. Until now.

When my brother texted me yesterday that he was to be brought to the hospital, I had this sudden fear of the inevitable. Praying for his recovery now and many more years ahead.

"I cannot think of any need in childhood 
as strong as the need for a father's protection."
~Sigmund Freud


No comments:

Post a Comment